San Diego LGBTQ Discrimination Lawyer
Have you experienced discrimination at work because of your sexual orientation or gender identity? The San Diego LGBTQ discrimination lawyers of Ferraro Vega Employment Lawyers fight for the rights of all employees to work in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Our employment law attorneys in San Diego, CA, represent clients in all types of discrimination cases.
Call our law firm at (619) 693-7727 to schedule a free consultation with a discrimination attorney in San Diego, California.
How Our San Diego Discrimination Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Harmed by Workplace Discrimination
At Ferraro Vega Employment Lawyers, we believe that discrimination on the basis of any protected quality must be dealt with swiftly and aggressively. The discrimination may be based on national origin, a medical condition, or sexual orientation. Regardless, the law must prohibit discrimination based on a person’s unique attributes.
Discrimination cases are complex and challenging, but they are worthwhile. These cases bring justice for our clients. They also warn other employers that they cannot get away with harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
Our San Diego discrimination lawyers have extensive experience handling employment law cases.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Provide compassionate and confidential legal services
- Conduct an immediate and thorough investigation into the allegations of employment discrimination
- Work with you to document the instances of discrimination and harassment
- Document the damages and harm you experienced because of workplace discrimination
- Fight to achieve the best possible outcome for your legal action
- File a lawsuit and aggressively pursue justice and compensation through the courts
Do you have questions about LGBTQ discrimination in Southern California? Do you want to discuss an employment law matter? Contact our office to schedule a free consultation with one of our San Diego employment discrimination lawyers.
LGBTQ Discrimination May Not Be Obvious
LGBTQ discrimination can take many forms.
The LGBTQ community faces many challenges in the workplace including:
- Sexual harassment
- Creating a hostile work environment
- Gender discrimination
- Discrimination based on sexual orientation
- Verbal harassment
- Inaccessible or unsafe bathrooms
- Inadequate benefits and healthcare coverage
- Discrimination for same-sex marriages
Many employers use subtle actions to discriminate against LGBTQ employees. There might not be verbal threats or comments or lewd remarks and offensive jokes. The discrimination can be very subtle.
An employer may institute policies that are not blatant attempts at discrimination. For instance, an employer may enact policies that discourage managers from promoting specific employees. Some employees may not have the chance to work overtime based on the employees’ sexual orientation or gender identity.
Employees who file a complaint with Human Resources may be discouraged from pursuing the action. They may be led to believe it could have a negative impact on their job performance rating.
An employee’s complaint of discrimination should be treated with respect. The complaint should be confidential and taken seriously. If not, it is time to talk to a San Diego LGBTQ discrimination lawyer.
Impacts of LGBTQ Discrimination in the Workplace
Careers and jobs can be impacted in many ways by discrimination.
Examples of ways that members of the LGBTQ community may be treated differently at work include:
- Unequal pay for the same work
- Assigned less desirable working hours
- Harsher working conditions
- Not considered for promotions
- Prevented from interacting with customers and clients
- Not given management or supervisor duties
- Issued negative reviews for internal job performance
- Poor or negative references after leaving the company
- A decrease in a person’s job satisfaction and enjoyment
- Negative impacts on physical and emotional health
- Hiding their personal lives for fear of employment discrimination
- Denial of medical insurance and other benefits
We cannot undo what happened to you. However, our LGBTQ discrimination attorneys fight for justice. By pursuing an LGBTQ discrimination lawsuit, we hold employers and individuals accountable. We ask courts to punish violations of federal and state employment laws and anti-discrimination laws.
California Discrimination Laws May Apply in LGBTQ Discrimination Cases
There are no federal laws to protect LGBTQ individuals in the workplace. However, California residents do not need to rely solely on federal law to fight employment discrimination.
California has some of the strongest anti-discrimination laws in the United States. California discrimination laws protect individuals of the bisexual, gay, transgender, and lesbian communities.
One example is California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. It protects individuals in the LBGTQ community from both employment and housing discrimination.
Our San Diego LGBTQ discrimination attorneys work to recover compensation for damages. Damages may be caused by sexual orientation discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
All employees deserve equal treatment, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our San Diego LGBTQ Discrimination Lawyers
If you are the victim of employment discrimination, Ferraro Vega Employment Lawyers wants to help. Contact our office to schedule a free consultation. Talk with an experienced LGBTQ employment discrimination lawyer in San Diego about your case.
Your consultation is confidential. You are under no obligation to hire our law firm or take any actions after meeting with our attorneys.